Table of contents:
Video: Top 8 Perennials That Can Bloom All Summer What Perennial Flowers Bloom For A Long Time. Description And Photo - Page 10 Of 10
Noteworthy long-flowering perennials
1. Abundant ptarmicolous yarrow (achillea ptarmicifolia) - the best long-flowering in the genus of yarrows.
Hardy and unpretentious, no less than its counterparts, the ptarmicoloured yarrow can boast of flowering that starts in June and ends only in August. And even if his inflorescence-shields are more rare, he also has many other advantages.
This is a fairly tall and powerful species, the bushes of which reach 60-70 cm in height. Small, narrow leaves stand out not only with a solid edge, but also with a grayish color, especially effective against the background of green-leaved partners on the flower garden. Baskets of inflorescences 1.5 cm in diameter are collected in complex shields up to 15 cm in diameter, which effectively rise on powerful peduncles. The structure of the scutellum is not as dense as in other yarrows, but the plant seems to be more delicate and airy.
2. Legendary stock-rose, which should not be confused with annual mallows.
A tall perennial with spectacular leaves and even more beautiful inflorescences is represented in the group of perennials capable of blooming throughout the summer in two species - wrinkled stockrose (alcea rugosa) - a spectacular plant more than a meter tall with gray corrugated wintering leaves, producing up to 15 shoots with bright yellow ten centimeter flowers - and musky malva (malva moschata), also a meter long perennial with pink or white five centimeter fragrant flowers. Both species bloom relentlessly throughout the three summer months.
3. Rudbeckia hybrid (rudbeckia) and rudbeckia razreznolistnaya (rudbeckia laciniata), famous for large as 19 cm in diameter with a convex flower baskets midway dark stained yellow-brown scale, zhestkoopushennymi ovate leaves and strong derninkami.
4. Echinacea (Echinacea) - perennial reaching a height of 1 m, no less powerful than sod rudbeckia, with strong shoots and rather stiff leaves, producing beautiful crimson inflorescences with thin reed petals and a volumetric center of rigid tubular flowers.
5. Gaillardia hybrids - plants from half a meter to 80 cm high with lanceolate leaves and very bright yellow-orange-red double or semi-double baskets of inflorescences, reaching 10 cm in diameter. But this beauty blooms only about 60 days, and the leaves after completion of flowering completely lose their decorative effect.
To go to the next part, use numbers or links "Previous" and "Next" Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10