Table of contents:
- 1. Wonderful ripper "Excavator"
- 2. Miracle shovels "Krot", "Krot-B" and "Plowman"
- 3. Wonderful shovels "Legkokop" and "Digger"
- 4. Shovel "Tornado"
- 5. Wonderful swivel forks
- 6. Fokin's flat cutter
- 7. Manual (multi-work) cultivator
Video: How To Replace A Shovel In The Garden? 7 Useful Tools. Photo
Harvested, cleared of the remaining tops and weeds of the beds, and ahead "looms" the most routine and lengthy work - the autumn digging of the soil. Each farm must have tools for the care of soil and plants: shovels, pitchforks, hoes, rakes. Recently, the market for agricultural implements offers us a huge list of devices and accessories for working in the garden and in the garden.
Mechanized assistants greatly facilitate soil cultivation and plant maintenance, especially for older gardeners. In this article you will find a description of suitable tools for the garden, which will help to significantly reduce the amount of hard work in the country.
1. Wonderful ripper "Excavator"
The Miracle Ripper "Digger" consists of two cutting pitchforks and a ripper. The ripper has a foot support. The two cuttings at the top are connected to each other and allow you to adjust the height of the cuttings to suit your growth. The double handle allows the machine driven into the soil to be simply pulled towards itself, without wasting the efforts of the back muscles on lifting and dumping the soil.
The advantages of the "Digger"
- the width of the dug-up strip is 1.5-2.0 times wider than with a conventional shovel;
- 2 types of work are carried out simultaneously - digging and loosening (no rake is needed);
- no need to bend to the sides, the back is straight, the load on the back is minimal; very convenient for elderly pensioners with a weak spine.
2. Miracle shovels "Krot", "Krot-B" and "Plowman"
Miracle shovels "Mole" and "Mole-B", "Plowman" differ from "Excavator" in individual details - the device and type of handle (metal, solid, rounded), the width of the grasp of the soil (25-40 cm), the depth of digging 15- 30 cm), but have the same advantages. They all work on the principle of double pitchforks moving through one another. They loosen the soil without turning the layer.
3. Wonderful shovels "Legkokop" and "Digger"
Miracle shovels "Legkokop" and "Digger" are options for digging up light crumbly soils. They have a wider working part, it is forked with a working width of up to 60 cm, fixed on the handle. On the top of the bayonet there is a crossbar for resting on the bayonet with both hands. When you press on the bar with your foot, the double forks move towards each other and break up lumps, which easily crumble under the pressure of the foot.
The device itself is heavier in weight than an ordinary shovel, but when digging, the device does not need to be lifted with a lump of earth, it is enough to drag it to a new place and deepen it by pressing the foot. With these tools, in addition to soil cultivation, you can harvest root crops, including potatoes.
4. Shovel "Tornado"
The shovel "Tornado" differs from the above shovels by the device of the digger. For the ease of work, gardeners call "Tornado" a female shovel. The tool is collapsible. The device is very simple.
The base is a metal rod. At the top of the rod there is a flexible, comfortable handle for making the necessary turns. At the bottom are metal pins with sharp teeth that are curved and counterclockwise.
During operation, the tool is set vertically to the soil and the handle is turned a full turn, driving the teeth into the ground. Efforts during work are minimal, the back is straight, only hands work.
Advantages of the Tornado shovel
The Tornado shovel is not only a digger. This tool can also:
- loosen the soil in the beds, without driving the teeth to the end into the soil;
- to cultivate the soil around shrubs and trees;
- weeding the beds in the aisles;
- remove dry weeds and other debris from flower beds and beds;
- easy removal of perennial weeds from the field, such as wheatgrass and field bindweed;
- dig holes for planting seedlings;
- transplant strawberries and strawberries without damaging the roots.
5. Wonderful swivel forks
The miracle rotary forks are very simple. The metal rod can be solid or split (to fit a person's height). At the top is a transverse handle, it is swivel. In the lower part, the forks are one-sided attached to a metal bar. The soil is loosened by turning the holder handle. When working, the load is on the hands due to the application of a metal rod to the “steering wheel” on top.
Benefits of a swing fork
- no need to bend over and squat;
- the intensity of digging increases by 3-4 times.
If the site is small, then among the numerous proposals, you need to choose an inventory that can perform several operations, is easy to use, and provides high efficiency of the work performed.
The most used manual mechanized assistants by gardeners are the Fokin flat cutter and the hand cultivator.
6. Fokin's flat cutter
Fokin's flat cutter is a gardening tool, which is mainly intended for weeding and loosening, but with its help it is possible to carry out about 20 soil and plant care operations in the garden and garden. So, with a flat cutter you can:
- prepare the soil for sowing seeds;
- loosening the soil without turning the layer;
- cut and pull out weeds;
- cut furrows;
- form ridges;
- thin out vegetables and greens;
- weeding and hilling;
- cleaning the trunks of fruit trees before whitewashing and other work.
In appearance, Fokin's plane cutter consists of a flat stick (round is not good, the hand gets tired), to the lower edge of which a steel plate of irregular shape is bolted. The plate is bent several times at certain angles, sharply sharpened (this is the main condition for the successful completion of work). The fastening bolts allow you to adjust the height, the angle of inclination of the working part of the plane cutter to suit your physical characteristics.
Fokin 2 main plane cutters: small and large. The small one is designed for small jobs, while the large one is more suitable for basic tillage and other large jobs. For work on clay soils, there is a version of Fokin's plane cutter "Krepysh" with a shortened blade.
There are also varieties of flat cutter "Small blade" on sale for accelerated weeding and other small works, "Big blade" has a longer blade and performs the same work as the classic flat cutter, "Mighty" with a wide blade for hilling plants.
Advantages of the Fokin plane cutter
- Tilling the soil with a Fokin flat cutter preserves its structure, fertility, contributes to the preservation of useful fauna and microflora;
- The flat cutter eliminates discomfort during work (there is no load on the back, legs, even a disabled person can perform work).
7. Manual (multi-work) cultivator
The second indispensable assistant for gardening work is a manual (multi-work) cultivator. It is also called a rotary, star or disc cultivator.
It consists of an auxiliary frame on which the shaft is mounted. Discs with teeth of various shapes (sprockets, needles, discs, coulters, etc.) are put on the shaft. The working width of the garden strip depends on the number of discs or the row spacing. The frame with the shaft is set on a wooden handle, better than a flat shape, adjusted to the height of a person so that it does not bend during operation. The modern market offers various models of a hand cultivator designed to perform different types of work.
On a small plot of land, an inexpensive and easy-to-use manual cultivator is able to perform almost all the necessary operations for soil cultivation: loosening, weeding, removing weeds, mixing fertilizers with the soil when they are applied, forming holes when planting seedlings. A small and handy helper - a good root remover of perennial weeds, an excellent helper in hilling crops, cutting furrows, a soil processor around trees in the garden, flower beds and lawns.
The advantages of a hand cultivator
- The good thing about rotary models is that they do not require maintenance and are easy to operate.
- They have low labor productivity, but it is these simplified multicultivators that can be used in garden work by elderly people and even children of middle and senior classes.
- Various modifications of the hand cultivator are very convenient for cultivating soil and plants in a greenhouse, greenhouses, on alpine slides, and for ennobling lawns.
The hand cultivator also has some disadvantages:
- It can be used for processing soft soil, performing work on light soils. Heavy loamy soils and soils that form a dense surface crust are not suitable for this model.
- The working elements of the manual cultivator do not have depth adjusters and, if the plants are carelessly processed, they can damage their root system. The depth is only regulated by the applied force.
If in a small farm (no more than 6-8 acres) there is a Fokin plane cutter and a manual cultivator, then you can do without the rest of the devices for performing certain types of work (cultivators, cultivators, rippers, devices for removing weeds).
Dear Reader! In the article, you have familiarized yourself with only a few hand-held units for soil and plant cultivation. I have no doubt that many home craftsmen independently invent and prepare the necessary tools that help them in gardening and summer cottage work. Please share your ideas and findings in the comments. We would also appreciate your feedback on the fixtures listed in the article.