7 Most Original Indoor Orchids. List Of Names With Photos

Table of contents:

7 Most Original Indoor Orchids. List Of Names With Photos
7 Most Original Indoor Orchids. List Of Names With Photos
Video: 7 Most Original Indoor Orchids. List Of Names With Photos
Video: Orchid Identification: The 5 Most Common Orchids for Beginners 2023, February
Anonim

Orchids never go out of style. And although these delightful Tropicans retain the status of special and capricious plants, today they are found in almost every interior. True, it makes sense to talk about their wide distribution only in the context of a single species - phalaenopsis. But with a butterfly orchid, and other species with the status of unpretentious, the range of indoor orchids is not limited to. At exhibitions and in flower shops, albeit less often, there are surprisingly original beauties that amaze with both leaves and flowering.

Orchid Leptotes (Leptotes)
Orchid Leptotes (Leptotes)

Big disadvantages and significant advantages of "not such" orchids

No matter what kind of orchid we are talking about, the status of an unusual, original plant is almost inevitably associated with their capriciousness. It is no coincidence that Phalaenopsis & Co. have become so popular and widespread that they have conquered more than 90% of the "market". Popular means suitable for the majority. The remaining 10% of orchids that can be grown as indoor plants cannot be said to be suitable even for beginners.

Original orchids are not necessarily super-capricious or suitable only for flower displays or florariums. But deciding to start such orchids should only be those who have at least experience of growing species "simpler", and also after the initial acquaintance with these plants, special in all respects.

Non-standard, special requirements for growing and care are the main disadvantages of original orchids. But do not immediately record all species as difficult to grow. They just cannot be satisfied with the usual room parameters, and for flowering they need to create certain conditions, and the classic approach will have to be changed to individual care.

Orchids that are considered rare and unusual include soil-growing species and epiphytes. But usually, all originals require very high air humidity, which is the most difficult moment in growing rare and valuable indoor species. But in practice, it is much more problematic - ensuring the temperature difference they need so much at night and during the day, without which it will be very difficult to achieve flowering in any “not that” orchid.

Orchid Brassia (Brassia)
Orchid Brassia (Brassia)

But the shortcomings of a purely practical sense for all orchid lovers are compensated by their catchy appearance. Unusual orchids look like precious jewelry, exotic tropical rarities, bright exotics. They offer to admire endlessly the details of the structure, evaluate the non-standard shape and interesting details. Unlike orchids familiar and familiar to everyone, bright originals are designed to delight, riveting everyone's attention. And when they bloom, there is no better accent for the interior.

The different types of flowers and leaves of orchids, which are sometimes characteristic not even for individual species, but for individual varieties, should not be misleading: in their structure, all orchids are the same. Three sepals and three petals-corolla located above them, the middle of which usually forms a lip (labellum) - these are all, even the most extravagant orchids. And all the more surprising is their delightful variety and variability. Let's take a closer look at the seven original indoor orchids that deserve no less attention than phalaenopsis, dendrobiums and venus shoes.

For a list of the most original indoor orchids, see the next page

To go to the next part, use numbers or links "Previous" and "Next" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Popular by topic