Table of contents:
- The timing and frequency of dressings on the flower garden are limited
- Fertilization methods acceptable for flower beds
- Fertilizers for a flower garden are different
Video: Tricks Of Dressing A Flower Garden For Unsurpassed Flowering
2023 Author: Ava Durham | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 07:13
Flower beds are the main pride and decoration of any garden. The selection of plants allows you to embody the most daring fantasies, to create attractive compositions all year round or such flower beds and flower beds, which will still delight with their flowering almost without care. But even the most unpretentious plants will need minimal care and mandatory feeding. For flower gardens, they obey simple rules, along with little secrets that allow you to admire the spectacular bloom for many years.
For a flower garden to truly become the most colorful decoration of the garden, feeding must be based on smart planning that takes into account:
- the characteristics of the selected plants and their nutrient requirements at different stages of the growing season;
- the initial and essential characteristics of the soil for plants, including nutritional value.
Top dressing should maintain a balance - restore or increase fertility, soil structure, microflora - and not disturb, but regulate the growth and development of plants. The golden rule of dressing for any flower garden is no frills. An excess of individual elements can harm plants much more than a lack of them, primarily manifested in poor flowering. And inattention to details - to root formation, growth, immunity, stress resistance - can nullify any effort. Fertilizers must be applied in exactly the amount in which they are needed, in a form that promotes their optimal assimilation by plants, and only when they will benefit them.
The timing and frequency of dressings on the flower garden are limited
Spring and summer are the only time to feed on the flower garden. Despite the fact that the flowering of some species may continue until the arrival of winter, all plants must have time to prepare for it. Fertilizers can be applied only in the first half of the gardening season - until July, and for spring flower gardens - until June, for autumn ones - until mid-August.
How often fertilizing is carried out on flower beds determines the stages of plant development:
- The main and obligatory fertilization for all plants on flower beds is carried out in early spring, after the snow melts and the harvest is completed (or approximately 2 weeks after planting new plants), together with mulching and loosening.
- Additional fertilizing according to the recommendations for certain species is applied depending on the timing of their flowering:
- during budding;
- at the peak of flowering;
- after flowering is complete.
For most unpretentious perennials and annuals, 1-2 dressings are enough - the main one and before flowering. For flowering, insufficiently winter-hardy and demanding species, all 4 of these procedures are sometimes carried out.
Fertilization methods acceptable for flower beds
In carrying out dressings, it is worth adhering to the recommendations for a specific type of fertilizer and plant. Liquid top dressing with dissolution in water for irrigation remains the most popular and simplest option. And it's not just about even distribution and ease of use in tight plantings. Liquid dressings are preferred on poor and depleted soils, because they are absorbed by plants faster. It is no coincidence that modern biological products with their comprehensive action are always introduced in the form of an effective working solution, which can be used for soil cultivation, for spraying seedlings, and for root and foliar feeding.
Fertilizers for a flower garden can also be:
- apply as mulch;
- embedded in the soil.
Regardless of the method of fertilizing, one rule remains unchanged - feeding for flower beds is carried out only in conjunction with watering.
Fertilizers for a flower garden are different
Today fertilizers can be purchased in the form of concentrates, solutions, granular mixtures, powders and even capsules. The choice should be determined by the convenience and condition of the soil.
But the type of fertilizer is determined by the task and preferences of the selected plant species. For flower beds, 4 types of fertilizers are used:
- Mineral fertilizers … Nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus determine the development of ornamental plants, but the flower garden needs not only them. Calcium, sulfur, magnesium, iron, boron, copper and dozens of trace elements determine drought tolerance, photosynthesis, the beauty of leaves and bud formation. At the beginning of the growing season, all plants in the flower garden experience an increased need for nitrogen, during budding and flowering - for potassium, after flowering - for phosphorus. For a flower garden, it is always better to choose special complex fertilizers or fertilizers aimed at a certain stage of development with macro- and microelements (for budding, long flowering, autumn). In general, for the season for full development, 40-60 g of complex fertilizers will be needed for each square meter of the flower garden, but you should always strictly follow the manufacturer's instructions. During early spring feeding, half or a little more of all mineral fertilizers or only nitrogen are applied. The rest of the fertilizers are applied in stages in accordance with the stage of development.
- Organic fertilizers. For any flower garden, you can use only mature, well-rotted, high-quality fertilizers. Compost, bird droppings, manure (horse, cow, sheep, etc.), peat should be used, taking into account the preferences of individual plant species. Horn shavings and wood ash are considered safe organic options for flower beds. On average, flower beds require 10 to 15 kg of organic fertilizers per square meter per season. And they are brought in once during the main spring feeding.
- Green fertilizers. Infusions of green mass of plants are applied in summer to improve plant immunity. Both perennials and annuals respond well to them.
- Modern biological products, biofertilizers, microflora activators and microbiological preparations. These are the most effective means not only for restoring and preserving soil fertility and structure, but also for plant protection, activation of growth and flowering, and increasing resistance to stress factors. Compatible with other fertilizers, they increase the effectiveness of any care and provide not only an instant effect, but also a luxurious flowering of healthy plants for many years.
One of the most advanced systemic biologics with a wide spectrum of action. - "Biospectrum". High nutritional value for ornamental plants is just one of its characteristics. Combining the properties of an inducer of resistance to unfavorable factors, a growth activator, a flowering agent, an antistressant, a root former, a bioregulator and a fungicide, Biospectrum makes it possible to radically change the approach to caring for a flower garden and expand the limited possibilities of conventional dressings. Absolutely safe, effective for all types of plants, the biological product "Biospectrum" contains a whole range of biologically active natural organic compounds and has a beneficial effect on all aspects of the growth and development of ornamental plants on a flower garden.
Taking care not only of spectacular flowering, but also of the health of the flower garden, the timely implementation of all procedures from feeding and pruning to loosening the soil and removing wilted inflorescences is a guarantee that the flower garden will delight for many years. And competent planning and choice of modern "smart" drugs with a wide spectrum of action will allow not to miss important nuances. And leave time to admire the spectacular blooming result.
We offer you to get acquainted with the video, which tells how, where and when you can use the biological product "Biospectrum".
Secrets Of Decorating Flower Beds From Summer Gardens. Rules For Creating Flower Beds From Annuals. Tips, Tricks. Photo
Despite the fact that for annual plants enhanced care is required, they have no equal in their ability to bloom from early summer to autumn. Flower beds made of seasonal plants are inimitable precisely for the splendor and palette of their flowering. Even taking into account their shortcomings, at least one summer garden should be arranged in any garden
Autumn Work In The Garden. Maintenance Of A Garden, Vegetable Garden, Flower Garden. Things To Do. Recommendations. Preparing For The Winter. A Photo
September In September, after harvesting, fishing belts are removed and burned or, after destroying pests in them (boiled), they are stored for use in
Flower Garden Decoration. Color Matching. DIY Flower Garden. Choice Of Colors. Color Tones In The Flower Garden. A Photo
“Every Hunter Wants to Know Where the Pheasant Sits” - everyone knows very well this children's rhyme, which helps to remember the order of colors in the rainbow. And it is with these
Site Preparation For Ornamental Plants. Planning, Planting A Flower Garden. How To Break A Flower Garden Correctly
Flowers and ornamental shrubs. Part 1. How to place flowers. Plot: selection of plants, planting. Part 2. Heat, water, light food. Care. Reproduction
Flower Garden. Care. Decorative Blooming, Decorative Deciduous. Shrubs. Flowers. How To Arrange. Pick Up Plants For A Flower Garden, Garden. A Photo
Many flowers grow in the form of a bush. Flowers give a decorative character to one of them, leaves to a beautiful form to others. They look good at the corner for